Thursday, January 29, 2015

Mario mushroom Pattern and instructions

I was unable to find a pattern I liked, so I made my own. This is for a 1-Up mushroom from Mario games. I will start by posting pictures one by one of the pattern and describing what to do.

 

This is the top of the mushroom, you will need two of these.



This is the bottom. Again, you will need two.



This is where it can get tricky. This circle is for the spot, the big one, on the top of the mushroom. For my purposes, since I made a pillow and not a stand up mushroom, I only used one. For the half circles, you need a circle about 1/3 the size of the full. This is why there is a pencil mark on the circle, to show where the half circle should be made. You can make as many circles as you want for your mushroom, but for mine, I only cut out one full circle and two half circles.



This is the eye pattern. Very easy. You will need two.

Now, as far as colours. For the 1-Up mushroom, the top is a forest green. The spots are white, and the body is a light brown, beige colour. The eyes are black. and if you want, I did not make a pattern for it, I kind of just cut by hand, white ovals to accent the eyes for a pupil.

Here is a picture of what it should look like after you have cut out all the patterns and have pinned together.




I realize the eyes are not placed properly, but that can always be fixed. For this mushroom, because I wanted it soft, I used a plushie material and soft felt for the eyes.

Now, I will briefly explain the process after you have cut out all of your pieces.
1. Before anything else, hand sew those pupils onto the black background and hand sew the white spots onto the green plush felt you will use as the front of the top.

2. Take the right side of the beige bottom and the right side of the green top and pin then sew together. Overlap the green over the beige. Like this...


 pin fairly close together as this type of material does bunch together fairly easy.

3. Before moving on to do the same with the back of the top and bottom, sew on, hand sew, on the eyes to the front of the mushroom.

4. After eyes are sewn on, and you move on to do the same process as in step two, you will need to sew front and back together. Pin both pieces back to back so that the spots of the mushroom are inside as well as the right side of the back, or the fuzzier side of the back.

5. Sew the green top with green thread. The beige part with beige or light brown thread. Leave the bottom of the mushroom open so you can turn right side in.



6. After turning, you are ready to stuff.

 

7. Stuff and then hand sew bottom shut.

You now are finished and can enjoy your Mario 1-Up mushroom!






No comments:

Post a Comment